The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Twelve Bucks

Model 426B
I found this old Coleman stove at a flea market last summer. I had never seen or knew of the existence of a three burner model. When I inquired about the price, I was astonished to here 12 bucks. Twelve bucks, I had to have it! Sadly the stove came home and was shelved in the garage, this week was the first time I tried to get it going. All I had to do was replace the fuel cap, and presto, it was purring like a kitten. I'm planning on putting it back into service soon on some family outings.      If only everything were made this well.

1 comment:

  1. Those stoves are amazing. My father actually had two three burner Colman's that went with us on every camping, fishing, and hunting trip. He even used it to cook his famous Italian sausage at Viking tailgate parties when they played at old Met Stadium. Now you've got me thinking about whatever could have happened to that beautiful stove along with my old 1960's model two burner that inherited years ago :)

    ReplyDelete