The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Utah Super Trip

I just got back from Utah, I'm still trying to process all of the amazing things Steve and I have seen and done over the last week. I will break it down as soon as I can into MTB and Fat-bike riding, canyoneering, and the Anasazi ruins we explored. I hope you like the pics, but what I really hope is you will get your butt out there and experience it for yourself. Just let me know when you are going so I can go back with you.
We decided to make a short pit-stop at Loveland Pass, and justify bring fat-bikes along on the trip. The bikes proved  to be a valuable asset as a shuttle (and fun) when the van could not handle the rough roads to the trail heads. 


Riding the Slick Rock Trail in Moab is a must, Steve has not been there and I was more than happy to ride it  with him

This is the drop into the Medieval Chamber, almost 100 feet. It was also one of the first ones we did and a good warm up for other, more isolated canyons later in the week

The first real desert ruin I have seen and been able to get close to. 

This is my preferred sleeping arrangement, "under the stars".Waking up to a scene like this sets a great tone for the day 

Cairn's like this were our best bet for route finding in many areas. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment