The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thrasher Fat Bike

I've never seen that before


After seeing all the stuff everyone is doing throughout the year on their fat bikes,(Joboo, Farrow, Curiak etc.) I decided to build one up that would be a dedicated thrasher.I bought a frame as a reward to myself after working some overtime. I had a set of wheels laying around,some other misc. parts and I robbed a few things off some of my other bikes. I know most people don't even have a snow bike yet and having two fat bikes seems a little excessive but I've been riding these things since 05', I need this. During that time I've experimented with many different setups,as a result I'm on my 6th fatbike. The only goal over the years was to improve the ride for the Arrowhead 135, in doing so I built a bike that was too nice to destroy in the sand, mud, riverbeds,ditches,shorelines and whatever else these bikes will go through. My first bikes were kind of crappy so I rode them in the summer but as the bike got better I stopped until today when I got to break in my new thrasher. I also bought the new Nates, and they rock!  They roll very well on pavement and pull like a tractor in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment