The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Long Way Home

The long way home through the Brick Yard

The Brick Yard  isn't really on my way home I just really like going there

The long way home through Crosby Farm 

494
3 hours in the boat 1 hour for the  bike ride home

All three kids are in school now and since Lynn (aka my wife) is a teacher she is back to work. This is good for a couple reasons,#1 is more money,#2 is I get to ride more. Lynn's school is about 1.5 miles from my work so we carpool in the morning and I ride home, the long way. It's good for her too, she can leave work at 2:30 (1 hour before me) and either ride trails or go the the gym before the kids need to be picked up from daycare. You might be thinking "oh those poor kids stuck in daycare" the fact is they love it there and get pissed when we pick them up early. The good news is everyone comes home happy and also a little tired. Friday I took the extra long, round about, way home via kayak and bike when I got to leave early from work.

2 comments:

  1. Bike- kayak- Bike... Certainly sounds like more of a game then a run-bike-run... If I ever do something besides bikes, I think kayaks might be it...

    Winter riding not too far off... You should join the goon squad (LCR) on some rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of making a kayak carrier that I can pull my kayak behind my bike...

    You think others might be interested?

    The carriers I've seen have plastic wheels and aren't meant to travel far.

    Anyway, I liked your pics. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete