The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mini-Bike

About seven years ago I bought three, really cheap, Chinese in origin, pit bikes. Two of them were 70cc's and and the other 110cc. At the time I was thinking ahead, way ahead, for when my kids would be able to ride them. The big one was all mine and has had the piss beat out of it, while the other two were for the boys and have sat in the garage most of the time. Since these two little bikes go much faster than I would like (30-35 MPH) I have put-off teaching the boys to ride them. It's not like they didn't know about them, I've been pestered many times to get them running.
He was having so much fun I worried he would crash from laughing too hard

Hill Climb

Big D should do just fine when we get a bigger area to practice . Super Y all kitted up waits for his turn.
  Last weekend I finally caved in and got G-Man and Super Y on them. Big D is a little too short still, and was pissed -off I wouldn't let him try. G-Man is almost ten now so he was long overdue and had no problems riding it.... I just hope he doesn't find 2nd thru 4th gear. Super Y on the other hand got really nervous and decided he didn't want to ride. Lynn got on the back of the bike and did her best to coach him through it....flip-flops and all. The ride didn't go so well when Super Y grabbed a hand full of throttle and front brake at the same time. All I saw was an accelerating mini-bike with the front wheel locked up cruising across the yard before both of them were laying on the ground in front of me. I ran over to shut off the bike that was still running, help them up, and then laugh my ass off. That was the end of the mini-bikes for the day, we'll have to find a bigger place than the back yard to practice.

Looking at this image, you just now something is about to happen

They made three loops through here before laying it down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment