The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Ride

I did state we would be riding alternative trails before the ride. The beginning was the only part  where that would be true. Some of the group were pressed for time so we skipped two other sections I had in mind.
 I've traditionally done a long ride on the river bottoms every Thanksgiving with friends since I started riding seriously almost twenty years ago. This Thanksgiving was no different than my first rides back in the mid ninety's, except now I knew or recognized at least half of the hundred or so riders our group encountered.
Three years ago Otey (in red and white) crashed on the log right behind him and knocked himself out, on his birthday  and first real MTB ride. 

 We had a small group of five, on board were The Mayor, Otey, The Legend, Steve, and myself. It was an unusually warm day with lots of sun, reaching about 60 F by the time the ride was over. I was really happy not to be freezing my ass off out there, these rides always start early and some have been really cold. 

Happy Thanksgiving....... FU
 I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, and while I was riding I was thinking about all the time I've spent down on the "Bottoms" over the years. I'm really thankful to have that trail so close to home and be able to spend time riding with awesome people, including my own family. The river bottoms are a real gem I've sometimes taken for granted, but not on this day! Thanks for the ride Guys.  
Sun, sun,sun.... love it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment