The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Minnehaha Creek

Flooded= More Fun




Dale near the only section of whitewater. We played here for about 15 min.


I dumped my boat here a few days later and smashed the hell out of my


foot and shin on a boulder


Lynn and Ray, Lyndale Ave




It's safe to say I've burned myself out on Minnehaha Creek for the year. In a period of eight days I paddled it four times. I did 2 solo trips, one trip with Dale, and one trip with Lynn and Ray covering about 35 miles total. I/we used our bikes as a shuttle to get the vehicles with every trip ending near Minnehaha Falls and the farthest trip sarting near Methodist Hospital in St Loius Park. The river was very high and made for some very tight squeezes under the many bridges along the route. I don't know shit about whitewater paddling but the river was moving quite quickly and made for a very exciting ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment