The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Last Sunday

Last Sunday, April 7 , not to be confused with the horrible Sunday we experienced here in the Twin Cities on the 14th, was a fun little outing with the boys. Compared to the snowy, rainy, weather we've had all week it was a terrific afternoon hike/bike in the woods.

We found this frog in the middle of the trail, I wonder how it's doing in all of the snow we got this week ?

Mt Dew and S'mores , Yeah!

  I had gone out earlier in the day for a 30ish mile ride on my cross bike and was feeling a little down about the cold, cloudy weather we have been experiencing lately. I was pretty cold on the ride and had thoughts of a warm camp fire on my mind. So when I got home I rounded up the boys for an outing in the woods with the main goal of building a fire and making s'mores.
Fort construction underway.

I was amazed at how fast the kids ran across these logs. Another testament to the "value" of  the huge amount of money we're shoveling into gymnastics for the three of them  :)


 We headed out on our bikes to a spot near a small creek. The sun just stared to come out as we neared our camp and it started to warm up nicely. We had a fire going in no time and cooked the s'mores promptly. For the next couple hours the boys, the boys' friend, my dad, and myself, climbed trees, built a "fort", explored and played on the many downed trees crossing the creek.

I had to draw the line at crossing stuff like this, the water is super cold right now and we are a long way from the van if they fall in. 

This is my favorite image of the outing,  Jose' in mid jump

"I don't want to go home, come and get me"
 With the horrible snowy, rainy, cold, windy day we had here today I can only hope, and look forward to a day like "Last Sunday".

No comments:

Post a Comment