The following is a true story, only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Couch Flambeau


Nothing brings a family together like roasting marshmallows over a burning couch. It was the couch's destiny to be brutally dismantled and set ablaze after only a few short years of a hard life. On it's first day in my living room my brother's dog climbed to the top cushions and pissed all over them. Being the cheap piece of crap that it was, the cushions were not removable (for cleaning). Instead we dried them as best we could and avoided the area, and let guests unknowingly relax on that end of the couch. And so it would be the downward spiral of the red couch. In it's brief life it would be barfed on,spilled on (with numerous liquids and solids),jumped on countless times and torn in several areas to retrieve toys. The boys even used it as a napkin and kleenex wiping soiled hands and even runny noses. RIP red couch

No comments:

Post a Comment