The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rag 105 2010



This was a tough weekend. Mark and I (mostly I )thought it would be cool to ride down to Redwing w/loaded bikes camp out and do the race the next day. Since we are both signed up to do the Trans Wisconsin we wanted to see how our gear would travel and work. Well it worked us over, the bike was heavy as fuck and we had a horrible head wind the whole way down. To add to the misery we arrived in Redwing after dark hungry and looking for a place to stealth camp. Dinner was at the grocery store and camping was at Barn Bluff. It was the most horse shit night of sleep I've had in a while. I could have sworn some one was breaking sticks half the night and smashing rocks the other half. Oh well The next morning was nice and sunny, we headed for the start and dropped all of our gear w/Pramann. There was no way in hell I would be carrying all that crap for 100 miles. The race went as expected, I was tired from the day before and was riding a heavy bike. Thats allright I enjoy a hard effort and a new experience. I would not have changed a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment