The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Rides







I got out for a couple rides this weekend with Mark and my wife Lynn. Mark and I rode Saturday on the river bottoms; the three hour ride time took about four and a half hours to complete. Mark got a new camera so we were both messing around taking photos. We also stopped a lot to talk with all the other fat bikers out on the trail. One group was 25 strong nearly all fat bikes, with a few trailing off the back of the group on skinnies.  I was quite happy to ride with Lynn on Sunday since we don't normally ride together; someone has to watch the kids.  It was really warm out (32 deg +) and my dad had the kids for a sleep over so she had no excuse to say no.I was also excited for her to ride the fat-bike I just finished for her last weekend. I built up an awesome extra small,bright red, 907 that was supposed to be kind of thrown together. It ended up getting really nice parts and really expensive;oh well. She really doesn't like the cold, but I built her a fat-bike any way. Today would be the first real ride on trails. Last week she went to the winter bike expo and raced but that wasn't the same as just riding a trail. We had a really good time, the trail was in great shape and it was warm enough that she didn't get cold. I'm hoping she will get out and ride more often. PS Thanks for the lunch Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment