The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday


I cleared this three times, w/Lynn trying to get a shot mid air. No luck

Underground?

Fearless!

Two thumbs up for Milltown Cycles
 During my many  hours wasted in front of the computer writing and reading blogs, a daily check on my blogroll revealed a group ride taking place at a shop I really wanted to check out for a while now. Milltown Cycles in Fairibault MN. They had everything a person could want or need for a Fat-Bike as well as a bunch of other cool stuff  that you just want. The ride was awesome, since my dad was taking the kids overnight, I actually got to ride with my wife. The terrain was sweet, a mix of two track, renegade trail, and stuff that Native Americans might have walked a hundred years ago. It reminded me of what mountain biking was like when I first started riding a real bike 20 years ago. I don't feel old. The guys on the ride were really cool too, I'm going to try and do some ice climbing with Mike, I also hear he's a famous frame builder. To top off a great ride, Ben  had ham sandwiches, beans and some other food for our delight. The ham was way better than the dried out turkey I had the day before. Thanks Ben and thanks Curtis for a fun ride.

I was on a good roll for the long weekend since Wednesday and it continued after the ride when Lynn and I went to the new Vertical Endeavors in Mpls. We lasted about two hours and headed home but not before we chowed down on our favorite after climbing meal, pad thai.    

No comments:

Post a Comment