The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Ride(s)

This thing was really slippery 

This was a little deeper than expected for Brett

Where the heck was this taken ?


These dudes rip ! They scare me too.

Big "D" and Mom 
It was a beautiful, unseasonably warm day for a ride in late November; nearly 60 deg. and lots of sun. I'm pretty sure every fat bike rider in the cities joined the LCR ride, there were 22 of them to our group of 5. That's cool though, their a great group and most of them are my friends anyway. I also found one of their team jackets which I'm holding ransom. Our ride went a little farther and hit some alternative areas that most people don't ride. In the house was Brett, Steve 1 and Steve 2, Chris, and yours truly. We had a little trouble from Steve 1 on a tricky river crossing but tongue-lashed him into submission. He was a good sport and ended up completing the "mission" and having a good time. I had a great time, I hope the others did as well, the smaller group allowed us to cover more ground a lot faster and I got talk with everyone this time. I even convinced Steve 2 to join Lynn and me, on caving trip on Sat.(details and photos soon). After the ride I did the typical Thanksgiving meal stuff. I also packed the van with the whole family's bikes so we could hit the local trail near the in-laws house after our meal. It was a great day with family and friends, and mostly our bikes.      

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit the fun was none stop...Now I need more thks Death rider...

    ReplyDelete