The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ice Racing 2011

This winter I managed to do the 3 ice races held on lakes in the metro area . The first one on Lake Minnetonka in January started off great until i realized the tires I built were not doing their job. I had to back off alot in the turns and let the riders with better studded tires go by. I finished 5or 6 in that race ( i suck). The second race at Phalen was sweet, I built a whole new set of tires and these really hooked up. The course was really fun too. I pulled off 3rd place and got a gaint fake check for 1000.00$ from Hollywood, and a scone that I found in my van the next day. The third Race was on the Lagoon for the City of Lakes Loppet. I was really nervous for this race. This was a Penn Cycle sponsored race and I wanted to do well and knew I could for my team but I was still feeling the effects of the Arrowhead 135 I did on Monday into Tuesday morning that same week. I started well and held on to 2nd for about 2 and a half laps when my lungs started spewing shit all over the place. I felt like i was going to puke and hack my guts out at the same time. I rode the rest of the race in recovery mode with my tail between my legs and didn't want to look at anyone on account of my shamefull performance .

No comments:

Post a Comment