The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

March 2018

Good day for a short trip down the Straight River....the non lime green one is mine, a multi-day white water boat. I picked it up the previous fall and this was my first time in it. I have hopes to use it on the likes of the Cloquet and Brule Rivers up north
 I need to catch up quite a bit, by going back to where I left off... As I recall march was pretty nice and the strange winter we had was finally starting to break... just before it went to shit again in April
Blocks of ice tore the shit out of the trees during the spring thaw flows about a week before 

the big white blob is a waterfall

Thor


ArcFlash's bike with standard Imperial Venture Corps complete meal 
 ArcFlash and I got out on the mighty Mississip' in late March for a sub 24....I was so nice to have some bright sunlight and longer days. As I recall winter returned very soon after, like a couple days and put stuff like this on hold....bummer
Put-in



We rode from AF's house for a complete loop of approx 25 miles of riding and 4-5 miles on the boats. In the evening we found a small island amongst  a cluster of other small islands to set camp. It was pretty much a regular night out....nice campfire, some good food, gear and trip talk as well as sending pics/texts to our friends to rub in how much fun we were having as well as wishing they were here.

AF made these awesome chairs, which made hanging out by the fire so much better than sitting on the damp ground  

Setting out in the morning 

The morning's paddle was beautiful and calm 


I'd like to sleep in that house after the vandals get those boards off the outside

homeward......boooooo
D Rider...................................out

No comments:

Post a Comment