The following is a true story, only the names have been changed, to protect the guilty.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Salvaging Winter


It goes without saying ,this has been a really weak winter. In typical Minnesotan fashion we all complain about the weather. Summer is too hot, winter is too cold. If we had a lot of snow or it was colder right now or anything in between we would complain. Yes I am complaining about our winter right now, but I have been  making the most of it. It has been a lot of fun and unique, but I really miss the snow. Anyway this weekend I got out Ice fishing with the kids and friends. Saturday night I went down to the river bottoms with Tim and Mark and had a bonfire. On Sunday I made it to my favorite shopping experience, the Twin cities bike swap and afterwards did a long ride at Umore park on the fat bikes with some friends. I really can't complain.

This is Evan. He has just fallen into one of the holes and claims "The hole just went in my way". It was really hard not to laugh, luckily his dad brought some extra boots and pants

Adam trying to toss the kids off the sled
 
This is the biggest fish we caught all day


Mark using feminine hygiene products to light the fire. It worked very well. 

Mark,Tim     The two guys that didn't bail out

"The Mayor"

How many guys does it take to change a flat ?


Lone Rock

Duck house or hunting blind ? Sucka

Butler Lake

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I bailed on the fire. I was helping my father but I didn't wuss out.

    ReplyDelete